|Objectives of the chair|
The project, developed as part of an extended inter-university partnership, has several objectives :
1. To train teachers in order to improve education and training on sustainable development by taking into account the specific environmental, socio-economic and cultural issues of the countries involved.
2. Develop education and training systems on sustainable development :
3. Focus on basic and educational research together with the transfer of knowledge.
4. Ensure a “global institutional approach” to sustainable development in universities in the network and promote the establishments’ Agenda 21 by a three point implementation :
5. Include in the network information on the scientific developments on sustainable development : UNESCO, OECD, UNEP, AUF (Francophone University Agency), IEPF (Francophone Institute of Energy and Environment), ENSI (Environmental School Initiatives) and distribute this information.